Shortly after this I found a local station airing M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. The first time I saw this movie it terrified me; but I loved it, which is not a common result of scary movies. I hate to be terrified, especially with things that border on the real. I know a lot of people are unhappy with Shyamalan's movies because they aren't exactly like The Sixth Sense. And frankly, that is my least favorite (I even enjoyed The Happening more - not a lot, but more than The Sixth Sense). Anyway, not having the element of fear in my second viewing of The Village meant that I was able to really enjoy some of the beauty in the film. It's really quite beautiful and raises some interesting questions, even if it does not necessarily offer any answers.
Monday, January 09, 2012
My Thirtieth Year: 9
A couple of interesting television finds this weekend... in a bout of insomnia, I caught an old Austin City Limits episode featuring Tom Waits. He doesn't figure very high on my list of favorite musicians, but anytime I hear his gravelly voice I cannot help but listen. Yet another artist to add to my growing "One day I'll spend some time getting to know their work better" list.
Shortly after this I found a local station airing M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. The first time I saw this movie it terrified me; but I loved it, which is not a common result of scary movies. I hate to be terrified, especially with things that border on the real. I know a lot of people are unhappy with Shyamalan's movies because they aren't exactly like The Sixth Sense. And frankly, that is my least favorite (I even enjoyed The Happening more - not a lot, but more than The Sixth Sense). Anyway, not having the element of fear in my second viewing of The Village meant that I was able to really enjoy some of the beauty in the film. It's really quite beautiful and raises some interesting questions, even if it does not necessarily offer any answers.
Shortly after this I found a local station airing M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. The first time I saw this movie it terrified me; but I loved it, which is not a common result of scary movies. I hate to be terrified, especially with things that border on the real. I know a lot of people are unhappy with Shyamalan's movies because they aren't exactly like The Sixth Sense. And frankly, that is my least favorite (I even enjoyed The Happening more - not a lot, but more than The Sixth Sense). Anyway, not having the element of fear in my second viewing of The Village meant that I was able to really enjoy some of the beauty in the film. It's really quite beautiful and raises some interesting questions, even if it does not necessarily offer any answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment