Friday, January 13, 2012

My Thirtieth Year: 13


This quote seemed appropriate for a series of blog posts centered around reaching my thirtieth year... and for that year to come on the heels of a year that found me upturned and often disoriented with regards to what I was doing with my life. A good reminder of the fact that there is so much more than I can see with my eyes.

"I can hide my heart, and my past, and my future plans, from men, but I cannot hide anything from God. I can talk in a way that deceives my fellow-creatures as to what I really am, but nothing I say or do can deceive God. He sees through all my reserve and pretence; He knows me as I really am, better indeed than I know myself. A God whose presence and scrutiny I could evade would be a small and trivial deity. But the true God is great and terrible, just because He is always with me and His eye is always upon me. Living becomes an awesome business when you realise that you spend every moment of your life in the sight and company of an omniscient, omnipresent Creator."
                                                               - J.I. Packer, Knowing God
                                                                 chapter 8, The Majesty of God

No comments: