Can I just give a shout out to my local library today? I love - and I mean LOVE - that books are so freely available to anyone who wants a library card! Do you remember getting your first card? I was around five and my dad walked me over to the library and they gave me a laminated piece of paper and then I could get any book I wanted to read, and I tried to take half the library home that day. I can still remember the way the sunlight filtered through the windows and the dust spores, the musty but welcoming scent of old books... that is, old friends.
There's something magical and wonderfully friendly about a place where books are kept, read, and loved. Do you think a book is like the Velveteen Rabbit? The more you love it, the more "real" it becomes?
No comments:
Post a Comment