Thursday, August 21, 2008

Football Heaven

Okay... maybe Arkansas is not the center of the SEC (though, I hear we have a new(er?) coach that could prove to build a strong team over the next few years) I walked around the stadium today (note to self: college football stadiums are HUGE and not meant to walked around as if they are Jericho). I was a little taken aback, upon finding myself at the other side (in pursuit of the elusive parking pass) to find the players, not on the stadium field, but a practice field next door... and then to walk past an indoor practice field. That's THREE fields in a row, not to mention the track and field area, women's softball (or was it soccer?) and basketball arena as I continued down Razorback Road... and I know that there are more fields and stadiums lurking in the neighborhood. I just haven't found them all yet. I'm not sure when they will play the first home game, but I've heard that the town is crazy on game day! I can't wait!



As you can see - I now have my official U of A ID. Things here are rolling along, and I have had my ups and downs, but today was really a wonderful day, complete with coffee with a new friend, though I miss all of my St. Louis friends, and my family. I am really looking forward to school starting on Monday and getting to know the students better!

I am especially thankful for the many people who have made this extra week of transition possible through their financial gifts of support. I know myself well enough to see that I really wanted to have a full week to get lost (which I have), to cry (which I have), to freak out (Many times), and otherwise adjust to my new home. It has helped me immensely to have this time, though I know there is still a great deal ahead of me. As always, your prayers and notes of encouragement are welcome, and your continued financial support is deeply appreciated.

No comments: