I have failed as a blogger. It's been three months since I posted anything here. How lame am I?
Here are a few highlights from the last four months:
August
- Meeting my new friends Alisa and Caleb at church.
- I was pulled over for speeding, going 30 in a 25 mph zone, half a mile from my house. The cop gave me a warning since I was new to the area.
- Finally seeing the Cardinals, albeit the Springfield Cardinals, win a game. Oh, after thirteen years of never going to a winning game, it was rewarding. Also, it was highly unique that during the seventh inning stretch we called the hogs.
- I overcame my lifelong fear of rabbits and picked up JD the rabbit for the first time. He's pretty great, but you often have to chase him in order to pick him up. So it took me a bit to get to him. But I did.
- Signing a lease.
- First RUF Large Group!
September
- Paying my rent for the first time. Without a doubt a simultaneously wonderful and depressing moment.
- Ladies Night - pancakes and Cranium.
- Dinner at the Wenger's - between Melyna's gracious hospitality and wonderful cooking, the boy's jokes, and Benjamin yelling "Miss Heather!" when I arrive, it is always a wonderful experience.
- Bikes, Blues and Barbeque - hundreds of thousand of bikes roaring through Fayetteville.
- Finding my way around the Arkansas campus without a map and no longer getting lost.
- Melissa hanging out in our living room.
October
- Ladies Night - Cheese Night. It was amazing
- My ten day world (or whirled) tour to Memphis for Fall Conference, with Dr. Bryan Chapell as our speaker; then to Atlanta for RUF Intern Training; three flights from Atlanta to Baltimore to Charlotte to Fayetteville; my first solo highway drive home for my 26th birthday.
- Calling the Hogs at Fall Conference at the dinner table when we beat Auburn. Listen to the audio in the link - it will give you chills.
- Chicken Foot on the patio with the other interns at training.
- Pumpkin carving with Amy. See my facebook photos.
November
- Watching Amy scream as Texas Tech beat Texas at the last moment.
- Christmas tree up by Nov. 2nd. No joke.
- Finding my public library - which is amazing. Getting a new library car is always full of exciting new possibilities.
- Small Group.
No comments:
Post a Comment