Thursday, August 07, 2008

Missing St. Louis Already... Looking Forward to Fayetteville!

As I contemplate, hope for, and anticipate moving (God willing) in the coming weeks, these are some of the things that I think I will miss the most in St. Louis:
* My house. Though I have only lived here for less than two years, making it the shortest yet of my many residences, this is the house that I love the most. Except for my Mimi and Papa's house in Tulsa. Truly, I enjoy the back deck with my dad, the trees and green lawn, the big tree house in the back that no one has climbed into. I love the windows and the lightness of the house. I love how God has so obviously given my parents a good place to live in after many years of moving and frustration.
* Listening to 89.1 The Wood on the way to school, church, just about anywhere. I really appreciate their commitment to little commercial interruption, the song selections fit my musical tastes, and I sometimes laugh at the newbie DJ's while appreciating their courage to go "on the air" while in college!
* My church, Old Orchard PCA. While we all probably think our church is unique, around the St. Louis area, that's a generally accepted truth. I love the building, built in 1896, the pastor, who planted the church in 1981, and the people, who are such a delightful picture of what it means to be part of the Body of Christ. They are unique, indeed, redeemed by God and it has been lovely to watch God at work within them all.
* My friends, of course. And that's just hard to define how, or who, or when. But I will miss them all a great deal.
* Springtime in St. Louis is one of the best times here - it rains, but it is warm, and often sunny in the afternoons. And the smell in the early morning is beautiful!
* St. Louis Bubble Tea in the Loop, or in the County. My friends Deb and Chad introduced me to this drink, and I have loved it ever since!
* The Delmar Loop/Forest Park/Summers in St. Louis. Oh, if you have never been in the STL for a summer, you have missed some fantastic treats, like Shakespeare in the Park, the free Muny seats, and hanging in the Loop with your friends, eating Thai food and enjoying the view.

What am I looking forward to in Fayetteville?
* RUF, of course.
* Dickson Street - it just looks cool, doesn't it?
* Cooking more often, trying new recipes (send me your best 20 minute recipe!) and feeding them to new friends!
* The trees in the Fall!

No comments: