There have been a few songs over the past few weeks that have been feeding my soul, hitting the right nerve, or have just been plain enjoyable. Just wanted to share these with y'all!
Ain't No Mountain - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Let's dance!
The Dog Days are Over - Florence + The Machine
Okay, once you get past the weird (or amazing) video there is some really fantastic music here. I think I listened to this song about a dozen times yesterday.
Dance Me to the End of Love - Leonard Cohen
The lyrics are originally about the Holocaust. The first "official video" was some weird artsy movie. And this one may not be much better. But I love the image of the old, married couples, and the music is haunting. You should also check out The Civil Wars version of this song.
Calling Out Your Name - Rich Mullins
Enjoy the hammered dulcimer, y'all. Also, this is probably one of my favorite set of lyrics ever written - how can you not get chills listening to this song?
Bad - U2
There's something about this song... I think it is the idea of pursuit for the sake of someone we love, even in the midst of pain and suffering. It's what we all want, what we wish people would do for us. Also, ignore the fact that Bono isn't wearing a shirt.
1 comment:
I'm in complete agreement about Calling Out Your Name.
Post a Comment