Monday, October 11, 2010

31 Days of October - Days 8, 9, & 10

Day 8: Parents!

I was so glad to see my parents this weekend when the travelled down to visit me. It was a beautiful weekend (though a little warm and their air conditioner was not working) and after they had settled into their hotel room, we headed over to my favorite taqueria... only to discover that it was GONE! Sadness. But my roommate saved the day and recommended a barbecue joint that had won several awards, including Memphis in May. We were not disappointed. After dinner I toured my parents around town, showing them my favorite places, where I work, the places that make up my daily life. Then we opened BIRTHDAY PRESENTS: including, a coffee grinder! I'm very excited.

Day 9: Parents, Pig Trail, and Football!

In the morning, we had breakfast at my house... though my parents provided the food, I was excited to cook breakfast for them and my brother. We then got to drive part of the Pig Trail, a local scenic roadway. The leaves have not exactly changed enough to make the view glorious, but it was fun to drive down the highway, and make my brother laugh when we drove through the tunnel. After the Pig Trail, we headed back to my house to watch the Arkansas-A&M game. Let me just say, though we won, we've got a lot of work to do if we're gonna beat Auburn. Around half-time, my parents decided that it was time to head home, and we said goodbye. Sad to see them go, glad they could come!

Day 10: Sunday!

I like Sundays, and they are both peaceful and busy, with church, small group, and all that comes in between during the afternoon. We had a particularly lovely day, and I especially enjoyed a small nap. Yay!

No comments: