This is what I know - the world is full of darkness, brokenness, and evil.
But Jesus Christ has come into the world to bring redemption, restoration, and salvation. Broken people, shattered dreams, and hope that is tattered and torn daily reminds us of our need for something more, for Someone who is more than all the pain and suffering and sheer wrong.
Though I am weary, though I am too full of myself or too full of others, though I all too often forget that the King of the Universe has made peace with me and for me, I am reminded in this day that HE is greater than my sin, my brokenness, my wounds, my rages, my pride, my desperation, my fears, my hopes, my desires, all the things I run from and try to hide; all the things I gather around me to gloat.
Jesus is greater than all of those things! Jesus has conquered death! Jesus has vanquished sin! Jesus has brought restoration!
So no longer does my calendar, my weight, my social status, my car, my income, my job, my name, my education, my race, my family, my rule-keeping, my law-breaking, my carefulness, my rashness, my purity, my scandalousness, my anger, my pretense of peace, my sloth, my self-righteousness, my self-protection, my hurtful words, my personality, my fear, my humiliation, my pride, my daily bowing down to the idols of my heart, have power over me.
Jesus has paid the cost of restoration to relationship with God the Father. Jesus Christ has done what only He could do: he has died the brutal death of the cross, and he has suffered what was my punishment, and he has risen again on the third day! He is Risen! He is Risrn, Indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment