I am wasting time before class this evening. Interesting thought: My first real social event with MoBap people, besides studying for Greek which I no longer think really counts, was to go have lunch with Chris Pearson, Jon Mattual and Big Ben at Mongolian BBQ before going to hear Dr. Whitney speak at a pastors conference. Tonight I have class with Chris Pearson, Jon Mattual and Little Ben (in comparison to Big Ben). It is funny how life seems to sometimes keep us coneccted to each other. Last semester was miserable because I had so few friends on campus, yet this semester seems abundant. God is teaching me something... mostly to rely on Him, but also that these friendships are not something to rely on too heavily. They are His to give and His to take away.
Anyway, classes started yesterday. I had Apologetics and Outreach ( you can pray for me about this class, and being God's salt and light in the world), God and Man (the prof forgot about us!) and Covenant Theology II (Great fun! The professors like to poke fun at each other and we laugh). It was a long day after working and trying to get some reading done. I have Introduction to Counseling tonight - this is going to be interesting, I am sure, b/c this realm of counseling/psychology (note: they aren't exactly the same, but definately related) has always been a hot topic amongst the religion majors I knew at school and certain others who shall not be named here. I have read about 3/4 of Dr. Winters book and I see a striking balance between giving in to the Freudianism of the day (which has been the cultures strongest influence, I think) and the scientism and keeping a Biblical mindset about human nature and life. So I am excited to see where we go with this! Greek starts on Tuesday - working through Collossians and parts of Mark, then I get to go to my "fun class" on Jane Austen! I am especially looking forward to this one. I have some thoughts that I want to put into words and then get some feedback about.
No comments:
Post a Comment