Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Baseball - Revisited

I'm watching Ken Burns 'Baseball: Sixth Inning' and I thought I would revisit the few baseball stadiums I have visited, and a few I'd actually like to see in the future (a life goal is to visit as many, if not all, of the MLB stadiums as I can).

Bush Stadium II
My first major league stadium was the round, modern architecture of the second Busch Stadium. Almost all of my visits to BSII were in the upper levels... also known as nosebleed seats. I had a ticket to see Game 5 of the 2004 World Series. I also saw the Cardinals play in the second to last regular-season game played there. Beautiful.


PNC Park
There was something magical about crossing the yellow-painted steel Roberto Clemente bridge in Pittsburgh to make my way to see the Pirates in PNC Park. These were probably the best baseball seats I've ever had... complete with fireworks over the river after the game.


PetCo Park
To be honest, I didn't actually see a game in PetCo Park. But I did at least visit the Park while I was in San Diego, with it's outfield sand lot and picnic field. How great - take the kids to a game, feed them, let them play ball while you watch the game!


Ranger's Ballpark at Arlington
This is a ballpark like no others... done up in Dallas, Texas style. My aunt and I ate dinner in a restaurant along the third base line, saw the Big Unit (Randy Johnson) pitch for the Yankees.


Turner Field
This was one of my first outings with my RUF friends. I thought the stadium was lovely, and I could see the Olympic Rings from our seats.


Busch Stadium III
What can I say? It's gorgeous. I've been to just a couple of games at BSIII, but if anyone wants to take me to a game, I'd be happy to come with you!


Wrigley Field
I would love to see a game here, especially a Cards-Cubs game. The rivalry is historic, and can at times be heated. But I'd love to see the stadium, feel the atmosphere. And then try and hit up the White Sox, too.


AT&T Park
Another ballpark I'd like to see is AT&T Park because it is situated on the bay. And I want to visit San Francisco. And the Giants are a historic team.



Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Another ball park on the water. I remember when Cal Ripken, Jr. was on his streak to his 2,131st game in 1995... ever since then, I've wanted to visit this stadium.


New Yankee Stadium
Should probably see a Yankee's game in their home field at some point, though I will quickly head to another stadium...


Citi Field
The Mets are pond scum... but at least their not the Yankees, right? And hey, what's up with 'Mr Met'?


Fenway Park
Because what baseball pilgrimage would be complete without the Green Monster?

2 comments:

Tobi said...

Great post, Heather. You've been to more stadiums than me!! I have been to BS II and BS III, Old Yankee Stadium, and this summer we are going to a game in Seattle. My husband has been to Fenway Park. And nothing beats a play-off game at Busch Stadium! We went when we eventually won the WS in 2006. The hubby was given one free ticket to watch the WS that year. I was devastated that I couldn't go with him. I think I may have even shed a tear or two!

Unknown said...

I cried in 2004 - we had tickets to Game 5 but were swept by the BoSox in four games.