I worked the desk at the Library tonight. All in all, not a big deal - it was an emergency and I was more than happy to help and make a few $$$, you know, fill half of my gas tank. But it was one of those moments where I had to not let myself think wrong thoughts. I love my library friends, and really, I loved working at the library most of the time. So what difference does graduation make on whether the job is fun or not? Not much - so I got to practice what I have often preached: you're getting paid, you're doing something useful, don't complain and act like a snob! Do the job, do it as well as you can and glorify God in what he has given you to do. Yeah.
No, it really was nice to sit at the desk for three hours, finish writing my thank you notes, work on some support-raising ideas, and to remember that unless I want to come back to the library in the Fall, I should get my butt in gear and start making some phone calls for support raising - so look out world, here I come!
Also, I really enjoyed coffee this afternoon with a friend from college, catching up and enjoying talk on books and theology - what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.
I started reading C.S. Lewis' "That Hideous Strength" and have been reminded of his ability to write about the ordinary, mundane things and describe them in the most elegant and beautiful prose I have ever read. Though I have put this one off for a long time, I am sure that I will come to like it very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment