Friday, October 28, 2011

That's a Winner!


2011... Let's Go Cardinals! Congrats on another World Series Championship!

My love affair with the Cardinals goes back to 1982 and the day I was born. The Cardinals were in a do or die situation against the Milwaukee Brewers when the 'Birds came back to win Game Six and then went on to win it all the next day. I don't take it lightly that my first day of life coincided with a Cardinals win.

I've loved baseball since my grandfather took me to my first ball game when I was three. There is a beauty in the game that I find amazing. I love the history and the tradition and the sudden insanity that can come up at any given moment - did you SEE Game Six last night?

When I moved to St. Louis, this team became the anchor to my new city. Cardinal Red is always going to be my color. Busch Stadium will always make my heart skip a beat. Ozzie Smith, Willie McGee, Tony La Russa, Mark McGwire, David Eckstein, Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter, David Freese... I have loved this team and will always love this team. Thank you all for the wonderful memories!

3 comments:

brady said...

i love that, even though I know you've been reading, it's the World Series that gets you blogging again! :) Yay St. Louis!!! I enjoyed the parade. I love the horses!

Unknown said...

Bah! I have to talk about baseball when I et the chance.

Unknown said...

That's 'get the chance' by the way.