Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

We've been under siege here in Northwest Arkansas - Monday afternoon it started icing and by Tuesday afternoon, we had some thick ice on the trees, the roads, the power lines, everywhere. It continued to ice through early Wednesday morning... and it looks like a disaster area... no, it is a disaster area. I don't think I've seen a single tree around that isn't damaged. It's truly devastating to see some very large and old trees brought down by the weight of the ice. I went without power for over 48 hours, but was welcomed by my campus minister's family on Tuesday evening (thankful for fires!) and then my pastor's family, who had power and offered me a shower and a warm bed. It was lovely.

Below are some pics from the past few days.

This is the tree that was behind our house - the limb landed on our neighbors porch, but thankfully not in their house!


Most of these types of trees look sad and hunched over.


These are the trees that line the parking lot in front of the football stadium on campus.


Now that we have our electricity back, what are my roommate and I doing? Watching all of the COLD episodes of Planet Earth.

No comments: