I'm actually writng today... mostly because I'm fairly certain that nobody will read this and I just need to do something beside write papers and study for exams! Twenty pages isn't an enormous amount of writing to do in three days, but studying for two of the hardest exams your professors can give you is justifiably nerve-wracking. If it weren't for the fact that my apathy has set in and I just want to get this over with, I'd be pretty hard up right now. But as it is, I have to go to work in an hour and I'm wasting time here.
I've been thinking that I may just reform my blog page into an online book club. I'm going to start reading The Da Vinci Code just after I take my Acts and Paul final (oh the irony... I read an article by N.T. Wright on the controversial book... it tickles me to no end). But I find myself uncomfortable sharing my inermost thoughts with the watching world and friends I have seen face to face in over a year, so I think I may just tell you what I am reading and why I enjoyed it and practice the art of veiling the self while really giving the soul through creative expression. So this summer you may be regailed by my comments on such classics as Jane Eyre, David Copperfield, and The Weight of Glory - which are all on my reading list - as well some interesting politcal reads like The Mighty and the Almighty by Madeleine Albright (once all the libraries in MOBIUS proces it) and War and Ethics.
So, I'll see you all on the flip side of the Old Testament Historical Books final. Should I survive it.
No comments:
Post a Comment